Monday, November 7, 2016

November 7, 2016 Tearing down nations!!!!

Reading: Romans 11 and Jeremiah 51

Scripture: Jeremiah 51:20-23, "You are my hammer and weapon of war: with you I break nations in pieces; with you I destroy kingdoms; with you I break in pieces the horse and his rider; with you I break in pieces the chariot and the charioteer; with you I break in pieces man and woman; with you I break in pieces the old man and the youth; with you I break in pieces the young man and the young woman; with you I break in pieces the shepherd and his flock; with you I break in pieces the farmer and his team; with you I break in pieces governors and commanders.

Observation: Today is the eve of Election day in the United States of America as proud of being a citizen here as I as I am. I am also so ashamed of what the election seasons have become. Jeremiah may have been talking to the nation of Israel after they had been taken away into Babylon but the Living Word of God speaks to us as well. 

Application: Here we all are called hammers and weapons of war. A hammer is a tool used for building and creating but it can also be weald as a weapon. Here in the USA we are the hands and tools in the government more then in many other nations being we get to vote. If we want God in our government and have Godly people in government we have to do the work. We have to be involved no matter who we vote for we need to pray and consider all the options and vote, not just on the big stuff but vote on all the position and all the issues. With all Christians rising up and voting for what God has placed on their hearts we will not see a change. Pray for our leaders and our country.


Prayer: Father I stand in awe of you and how you can rase up nations and cause them to fall. I thank you each day that your provide all our needs and many of our wants in your great blessings. You are so amazing and I thank you for all you have done. I ask that your will be done, open the hearts of those who are to vote in the next couple days and help them to see the way you want them to vote. I ask you to work on the hearts of whomever it is that will be elected in each position. Place a proper fear of you in their hearts and bring them Godly council. 

No comments:

Post a Comment