Monday, November 28, 2016

November 28, 2016 Where is your Joy now??

Reading: Philippians 4, Danial 1-2 and Psalm 137

Scripture: Philippians 4:4-7, 12, Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. 

Observation: It is hard to rejoice and find the joy when things are going sideways. This last week here in the USA we celebrated Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving was started as a way to each year to remember the prosperity or even just making it though the last year. In this last couple weeks I have been going though some rough times with work scheduling stuff, my pregnant wife having a car accident, the holiday and finding part of my fence knocked down from a wind storm. In this it would be easy to just throw my hands in the air, scream hell and curse. Looking at my life in comparison to Paul and what he has gone though and was able to find joy. 

Application: Paul is writing this letter to the Philippians from prison and not a nice cushy American prison. Everything he knew and had from being a roman and a Pharisee had been taken from him and he was thrown into a prison that was most likely no more then a hole in the ground. In all these situations I have been trying to see God in them. God has protected my wife and unborn son, we had been talking about what we were going to do being that our family was getting ready to our grow our car no matter if the insurance company totals or repairs it we know that its the way it’s meant to be. God’s provision for us each day is so amazing he not only gives us the things we need just to live but he also shows his loving kindness to us each day. We all need to open our eyes and ears to the joy of the Lord.


Prayer: Father I stand in awe of your great power and love for me. You have the power to do any and all things and you choose to love me. I thank you for your love and provisions you pour out on us each day providing the things we need and the blessings you have for us. I ask you to help us to see the Joy you have for us even in the mist of a trial that if we relied on our own understanding and strength we would fall on our face. I thank you Lord for all you have done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment