Thursday, November 3, 2016

November 3, 2016 Feed the wolves!!!

Scripture: Romans 7:19-20, For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. 

Observation: I can so relate to Paul on this one My heart and spirit want to do good and be kind to those around me like my family and coworkers and even those I interact with on a daily basis. With all my good intentions to be good and kind I have a great ability to be a jerk and think if only myself. Even though I she would not my wife has stories of times I have been a jerk.

Application: Paul is telling us about our two natures here first is the nature to follow after God and be love and to love as he loves. The second is our sinful fallen nature that we got though the fall of man. These natures are apposing forces we can look at them as wolves chained together but trying to go two different directions and you get to choose witch one is going to win by witch one you feed. You can feed the wolf that represents your relationship with God or you can feed the one that represents the sinful nature and chasing after the things of this world. The choice is yours do you pour good things into your heart and soul and seek after God or do you chase after the things that are of this world. 


Prayer: Father I stand in awe of your love and patience you have with me as I sometimes feed the wolf of this world. I thank you for sending your son to die on the cross and offer us the gift of forgiveness and a personal relationship with you. I thank you for the provisions you give us each day and the blessings you pour out on us each day. I ask that you help convict us when we are looking to feed the wrong wolf and help us to want to and enjoy feeding our relationship with you Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment