Monday, November 14, 2016

November 14, 2016 Its not my fault I was raised this way.

Reading: Galatians 2, Ezekiel 17-18 and Psalm 20

Scripture: Ezekiel 18:20, The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

Observation: Lately I have been struggling with my anger more. I get snippy and will pour gas one the fire of my anger until I and yelling at the ones I love the most. I struggle with calming down in the most of the situation. Once I have finished with what ever rant I was on I can drop it. I have for most of my life have blamed my father for teaching me how to have this reaction. In some ways I think I was one of his best students. As I intellectually want to change and be a better husband and father I allow my emotions to remain unchecked and volatile. 

Application: This scripture spoke to me in that back in the day and it has crept into some churches today, the thought that we inherit our fathers sin. Inheriting sin is why many of the churches who practice infant baptism do so. This scripture in the Old Testament tells us even though sin entered into the wold through one man Adam we are not going to die because of his sin we have inherited a sin nature. As much as I blame my father for making me someone who can’t control his temper and be a volatile man God said that the son will not suffer his father’s iniquities and the father will not suffer the son’s. The opposite is true as well we can not skate by on the righteousness of our parents or grandparents. We are responsible for our own actions. 

Prayer: Father I love you and stand in awe and wonder on how you can love me even though I fail so spectacularly. I thank you for each and every day I get to wake up and enjoy your creation and the family you have given me. I thank you for the provisions and blessings you give us each and every day. I as that you help me and any one else who is like me to stop blaming others and help us to learn what are our triggers and how to defuse them before they blow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment