Friday, September 9, 2016

September 9, 2016 Are you Humble????

Reading: John 1 and Micah 5-7

Scripture: Micah 6:8, He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Observation: The end of this verse is was grabbed my attention today, “walk humbly with your God.” When I came back to get the verse that this was in I saw some much the Lord as for me. These things here all fall under the greatest commandments “Love your God with all you heart and mind and soul, and love your neighbor as yourself.” 

Application: As we love God and Love others(simply putting the commandment) we need to also remember to be humble. Humility has become so misunderstood in the world today, in the church it has been the reason people wont take complements(“Its all God” or “It came from God”) and in the world it has come to putting ones self down because of some unknown feeling of inadequacy. How we should look at being humble is having the right perspective of God and others and honoring them the way they should. 

Prayer: Father I thank you that you have given me the authority I have but also that you place those in authority over me. I thank you that you place us where we need to be to learn and grow. I thank you of the provisions and blessings that you give pour out on us. I ask that you help us to have the proper perspective and love as you call us to love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment