Tuesday, September 13, 2016

September 13, 2016 What kind of Question is that?!?!?!?

Reading:John 5 and Isaiah 15-17

Scripture: John 5:6, When Jesus saw him lying there and knew that he had already been there a long time, he said to him, "Do you want to be healed?"

Observation: The first though I had when reading this was there something in my life that I’m being asked if I want to be healed from. Of course as aging humans we develop aches and pains, and we get sick or tired from work, and we all want to be made better from that. I was thinking something deeper, something we keep from most people if not everyone. I need healing and have the chains of lust broken in my life.

Application: When Jesus came to this man who has been lame 38 years (longer then I have been alive), he didn’t dust heal him he asked if he wanted to be healed. At times I feel like we pick up our chains and infirmities after God has healed us. Around me I know there are people who are legitimately homeless and cant find work and are doing anything to survive, but I also have seen and heard stories of people acting homeless to just get free money and not pay taxes. Are we pretending to be crippled to get something? Are we picking up our chains again? Are we truly wanting to be healed and made whole so we can share what God has done for us.


Prayer: Father you are so amazing, each day is another that blessing to awake to. I thank you for setting me free from my bondage even thought old habits creep in and I pick up those chains again. I thank you for your provisions each day and blessings that you pour out on us. I ask for help to continually lay down my chain and not pick them up again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment