Thursday, September 15, 2016

September 15, 2016 You must respect my Authority!!!!!

Reading: John 7, Isaiah 20-21 and Psalm 32

Scripture: John 7:18, The one who speaks on his own authority seeks his own glory; but the one who seeks the glory of him who sent him is true, and in him there is no falsehood.

Observation: How often do we puff up our own authority or speak badly of others to put ourselves in better light? I know that at most companies that I have worked for this is second nature to almost everyone. I am of a generation that almost everyone in it thinks the wold owes them something and they don’t have to work for it, the generation behind us it’s looking worse not only does it appear they think the world owes them everything they also don’t want to do anything and get paid big money for it. 

Application: So I think to seek the glory of the one who sends us is to do what Jesus would do in those situation. He was always pointing to the father and he would do what needed to be done. As cliche and 1990’s as it is “What Would Jesus Do?” is the best way to keep yourself from seeking your own glory and seeking to glorify the one who sends us.


Prayer: Father I thank you for coming and saving my life and bringing me into your family. I continually stand in awe of your creation and the wonderful mornings and days we have. I thank you for the provisions you give us each day and the blessings you pour out on us though we don’t deserve them. I ask you to help us to see of we are seeking your glory or our own and help us to make the adjustments to seek yours more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment