Wednesday, September 21, 2016

September 21, 2016 I'm soo Happy?!?!?!?!

Reading: John 13, Isaiah 33-34 and Psalm 4

Scripture: Psalm 4:7, You have put more joy in my heart than they have when their grain and wine abound.

Observation: This passage just jumped out at me today. I was thinking that in todays world we don’t always have the right definition of joy, we will have the view that joy is being happy and not having troubles. The biblical definition of joy is more of a peace and contentment in the situation.

Application: Having the joy of the Lord will breed the peace and contentment in your life. David who write this Psalm new the Joy of the Lord and understood what it brought him. We so often place money and things in the category of things that make happy and that happiness it what brings joy. We have to try to just like David finding the joy of the Lord even when he was hiding in the caves from Saul who was hunting him. That is why I think David write this line this way. God gave him more joy in this time of hiding and having nothing then when he was living with Saul and commanding his armies. 


Prayer: Father I thank you so much for the joy that you give us each and every day. I stand in awe of how you provide for every need we have and even bless us with things we want or even never knew that we wanted. I ask that you help us to see that joy you give us and dwell in the joy that can only come from you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment