Monday, September 19, 2016

September 19, 2016 I only want to hear the Good stuff!!!

Reading: John 11 and Isaiah 29-30

Scripture:Isaiah 30:10, who say to the seers, "Do not see,” and to the prophets, "Do not prophesy to us what is right; speak to us smooth things, prophesy illusions,

Observation: I feel that the world and even at times myself, I don’t want to hear a prophesy about things that I need to change I want to hear nice sounding and fun up lifting things. Back in the day God spoke though the prophets to warn his people if they continued on this path he would allow thing to happen. 

Application: Also his Prophets would be council to the kings in time of war so they would know if God was with them and if they would win. We are blessed to know that we have already won the war but we still have to fight all the battles. Within each of those battles God is speaking to us though his Holy Spirit and others. My first experience with someone prophesying over me was early in my marriage and we were looking at filing bankruptcy to take care of some stuff that should not have my name on it but there was also this mission trip to Mexico that I was slightly interested in. I had my mind set on doing the bankruptcy but during this prayer by people who had never met me before they said, “The money is not going where you think it is going” and later another couple said “they see us traveling” and with those two things from people who knew and still don’t know anything about me God spoke and told me to go to Mexico. Those trips I have taken opened my eyes and heart to a whole new world that I would have never known.

Prayer: Father I thank you that you speak to us through your Holy Spirit and others. I thank you of the provisions and blessings that you have for us each day. I ask that you open our ears to hear you and to speak your love and wisdom into the lives of those around us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment