Saturday, September 10, 2016

September 10, 2016 Shut me up!!!

Reading: John 2, Isaiah 8-9 and Psalm 39

Scripture: Psalm 39:1, I said, "I will guard my ways, that I may not sin with my tongue; I will guard my mouth with a muzzle, so long as the wicked are in my presence."

Observation: Today It took me much longer then normal to find a verse really spoke to me today, I think I reread all of it twice and some of it multiple times. Then as I was thinking about just laying down and trying to make a nap before going to church tonight I read this again, and started thinking about my tongue and how well I control it. Or in cases of being at work I may not control my tongue. 

Application: When at work it is so easy to allow myself to get back into the habit of saying things I shouldn't and using language that is not appropriate for a man of God. Part of it is the fact that most the people I work with and around are the type of people who say all kinds of inappropriate things has a vocabulary of a sailor. I need to work harder at finding ways that work for me to muzzle myself. The thing that works the best for me is the more Godly and good things that I have surrounding me the easier it is to keep my tongue in check. 


Prayer: Father I thank you for all you do for me and my family providing the things we need and blessing us beyond what we knew. I stand before you humble and in awe of your love for me. I ask that you help me to open my mouth with the proper words and not let myself be drawn into the filth around me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment