Sunday, September 18, 2016

September 18, 2016 Where am I going and how do I get there????

Reading: John 10 and Isaiah 26-28

Scripture: John 10:24-25, So the Jews gathered around him and said to him, "How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Christ, tell us plainly.” Jesus answered them, "I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in my Father's name bear witness about me,

Observation: I don’t know how many times I have just wanted God to show me something plainly. I have so many times thought that knowing God’s plan and path for my life would make it easier. Just like when I was a pizza delivery driver I would look at the maps I had and plan how I would go to deliver all the pizzas I had. We are blessed to know that Jesus in the Christ and he is our way to heaven. 

Application: When looking for a path or a map of my life thinking I need to know each step of how I'm getting from point A to point B. It’s hard to not know where I'm going, I heard God telling me to go back to school so I got a Bachelors degree from a Bible Collage. Now I'm sitting and serving the best I can feeling like I'm not doing much with my schooling. There is a passage and example that made lots of sense to me. The passage is Psalm 119:105, Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. The example and illustration was taking an oil lamp like the ones they used back in biblical times and stepping out into side on a night where there are no other lights. I love going camping and I love going out into a field and seeing all the start that I can’t see in town. But when you step out with that oil lamp there is only enough light for you to step securely onto your next step. God’s word is like that oil lamp is will give you your next step, it’s not a flood light to illuminate the entire path.  


Prayer: Father you are so wonderful, I thank you for the path you have for me and the direction you have for my life even though I may not be able to see as much as I would like. I thank you for the blessings and provisions you pour out on us each and every day. I ask you to help us be content with only knowing the next step and not the whole trail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment