Wednesday, September 28, 2016

September 28, 2016 Am I forgetting something??????

Reading: John 20, 2 Kings 20, Isaiah 38-39 and Psalm 134

Scripture: Psalm 134, Come, bless the Lord, all you servants of the Lord, who stand by night in the house of the Lord! Lift up your hands to the holy place and bless the Lord! May the Lord bless you from Zion, he who made heaven and earth!

Observation: This short little Psalm jumped out at me because, that so often I get wrapped up in me and my own life and work. How often do we forget to worship and lift our hands and hearts to him when not at church. 

Application: Some times I think that we just need that reminder that its OK and good to spend time worshiping God. It is written to sing a new song and make a joyful noise. It does not matter if you can sing or know worship music you can worship by doing what you do for God and in doing it for him you will show that he hold a high enough place in your life and is worthy of all that we have to offer, even if its singing a made up song off key and without rhythm. 


Prayer: Father I thank you for another day to worship and praise you for all you have done in our lives. I thank you for the blessings and provision you give us each day. I ask you help us to open our selves up to constant worship though all that we do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment