Monday, September 26, 2016

September 26, 2016 Me Me Me Pick Me

Reading: John 18 and Isaiah 36-37

Scripture: John 18:6, When Jesus said to them, "I am he," they drew back and fell to the ground.

Observation: It is interesting to look at some of the little things mentioned in the word. Today the thing that jumped out at me was that when Jesus first told them he was the one they were searching for that everyone fell down. These men were not falling down because of an earth quake or a reverence for Jesus as a teacher or son of God. I think it was because he used the same phrasing that God did when he spoke to Moses though the burning push “I am”  

Application: Jesus has the authority and power to make us all fall to our knees and worship him, but what I love is that he does not force(demand) us to like so many other gods of the world do. We are given the choice to accept his love, grace, forgiveness, and being adopted into his family. I have seen many hart warming video where children are gifting their adoptions to the father who has been there and asking them to legally be their father. God is a father who wants to take care of us, he loves us no matter how much we don’t love him back. When we get to that point to recognizing what he has done for us and we want him to be our father all we need to do is had him the adoption papers and he will sign them with the highest authority and we are fellow heirs with Christ 


Prayer: Father I thank you so much for bringing me into your family and loving me in ways I didn’t know possible. I thank your the provisions and blessings that you pour out on us each day. It is amazing to see the authority you give us as followers and heirs I ask you to help us to see your love in our lives and share what you have done for us with the world around us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment