Monday, November 15, 2021

What is getting in your home?

Reading: Ezekiel 19-20 and Galatians 3

Scripture: Ezekiel 20:7, And I said to them, “Cast away the detestable things your eyes feast on, every one of you, and do not defile yourselves with the idols of Egypt; I am the Lord your God.”

Thoughts: The Prophet Ezekiel was talking to some of the leadership of Israel who had come to him to see wat God had for them. After God having him remind them of the things their fathers had done and of bringing them out of Egypt then reminds them to stop seeking the gods of Egypt. Today our gods and idols are not stone and precious metals, our idols are then entertainment that streams into our homes and phones 24/7 365. Are we seeking the things that are glorifying God pointing us to the one who created all things or are we too busy watching the latest episode of what ever the latest show is? We need to have the discernment to see with out spiritual eyes and see the evil that is coming into our home and what we are allowing to get into our minds and the minds of our family especially if we have small children. If we are not teaching them right and wrong according to God’s Word and plopping them down in front of a screen for several hours a day who is teaching them more Mom and Dad who are doing their own thing when the kids are distracted by a screen or is the screen teaching them the qualities of the world? What are we letting into our eye that is making its way into our hearts and mind?

Prayer: Father God, you are the creator of all things you know the good and the evil, you have given us the ability to seek after all and you call us to your side to walk with you and to forsake all others. I thank you that you have called me, and that you continue to call me as I get distracted at times. I thank you for your provisions and blessings you pour out on us, I thank you that you are working in me that I can forsake the evil of this world. I thank you that daily you mold me and refine me further into the man you call me to be. I ask that you help me to have a discerning spirit when it comes to things in my home, help me to lead my family in your ways and in your truth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment