Monday, November 1, 2021

October 31 Circumcision as a seal.

Reading: Jeremiah 48-49 and Romans 4

Scripture: Romans 4:11, He received the sign of circumcision as a seal of the righteousness that he had by faith while he was still uncircumcised. The purpose was to make him the father of all who believe without being circumcised, so that righteousness would be counted to them as well,

Thoughts: Paul when writing to the Romans is talking about how Abraham was counted as righteous before he was circumcised, that the righteousness could be counted to both circumcised and the uncircumcised. There are those put too much weight on other topics withing the church today. Thing that causes issues in the church today very from what kind of baptism and at what point do they get, to chairs vs pews, praise songs to hymns. It is not about all the different physical things that happen in and around the church it is about the heart and soul relationship with God that was opened to us by the death and resurrection of Jesus. It is not about the outward signs but the inward choices, We can easily look like the good little boys and girls yet be walking ourselves strait to hell. 

Prayer: Lord God you are the one who sent your Son to wash me and cleans me of my sin. I thank you that you did send him and that you offer a way to walk with you. I thank you that you are working in my life refining the righteousness in my life and removing the sinful desires that I hang onto. I ask that you open my heart and soul to the changes and growth you have for me, help me to walk the narrow path and seek you all the days of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment