Tuesday, November 2, 2021

November 1 Babylon and Newton's fist law

Reading: Jeremiah 21, 24&27, Psalm 33, and Romans 5

Scripture: Jeremiah 21:8-9, And to this people you shall say: “Thus says the Lord: Behold, I set before you the way of life and the way of death. He who stays in this city shall die by the sword, by famine, and by pestilence, but he who goes out and surrenders to the Chaldeans who are besieging you shall live and shall have his life as a prize of war.”

Thoughts: How many times have we been told what to do and we just don’t? Probably more times than we can count or can remember. Israel was the same way, God many times though his prophets would tell them do this or that or stay away for this or that. In this case Israel was told surrender to Babylon and go with them or they will die. Most of our trials are not nearly as dramatic as go into captivity or die but one day it may. Newton’s first law says, “An object at rest stays at rest and an object in motion stays in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force.” That is the same with people, we don’t want to change or move from what we find comfortable, it is easy to just put up our feet and let the world move around us. God through Jeremiah was telling Israel to go into exile for a time. How many of us have been told to change something, knowing that after the hard work of the change that you would be better off. I’m sitting in that now. After getting surgery to fix my diaphragm, and after 2 months of not doing much, I went back to work, and it has been exhausting and I have increased my bad eating habits getting to the heaviest I have ever been. I now faced with overcoming the want to stay where I am. For me I need to get up and get going with my exercise and eating better for Israel it was go to Babylon. What is God or your health telling you that you need to do that is not a fun situation but will have great benefits later. 

Prayer: Father God, you know all and sell all and in that knowledges you still chose me and you still call and lead me. I ask that you help me to overcome the longing to stay where I am and overcome the stagnation with my body and my spirit. You are the one who created us and knows what we need to overcome the want to stay at rest, give us the fuel to get this object moving and to overcomer ourselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment