Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Flesh or Spirit

Reading: Ezekiel 23-24 and Galatians 5

Scripture: Galatians 5:19-21, Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Thoughts: When reading Galatians 5 the big focus from childhood has been on the fruit of the spirit, the who we should be when Holy Spirit is living in us and calling us to closer relationship with God. But shortly be for that well known passage is another list, this list is what will become abundant in out lives when we are not focusing on God and his will. Even if we overlook the big controversial ones at the beginning of the list from Sexual immorality to sorcery, we get down to things that we are seeing all over the world in all media sources no matter what side of the political conversation you are on. So, the question lies in, are we causing the enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, and envy or are we as Romans 12:18 says, “If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all.” When we look at this list of things that are signs of living in the flesh how is God calling you to work though things we struggle with or is he calling you to walk with someone to help pull them from that mire? 

Prayer: Father God, you know every hear on my head and every misstep that I have taken yet you love me and call me yours. I thank you that you do call me and lead me every day. I thank you that you are molding and refining me. you are removing the things of this world from my heart and replacing them with kingdom things. I thank you that you have brought people into my life to call me our on my shenanigans and point me back to you. I ask that you continues to work in my life and lead and guide me in your path. 

No comments:

Post a Comment