Friday, November 19, 2021

Presented

Reading: Ezekiel 27-28, Ephesians 1, and 1 Thessalonians 2

Scripture: Ephesians 1:11, In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will,

Thoughts: When reading this verse I was going to look into the word for counsel but ended up accidently pulling up the word for purpose, the Greek word was prothesis and eight times it was translated as purpose but also it has been translated four time as Shewbread or setting fourth of things or to place in view. The Shewbread or Showbread were the twelve loaves that were offered every sabbath in the temple. This bread was offered regularly to God placing it in view of God. Paul is taking this practice that these Jews would have known and saying we are as the showbread Christ has taken us into the temple of Heaven and laid us out like the show bread before God. We have been washed clean by the Blood of Christ but we still have a tendency to pick up that we have been told to lay down. So, what are we holding onto in our lives that is being shown to God?

Prayer: Father God, we are unworthy to me in your presence, yet you sent your Son to come and be the payment that I may be in your presence. I thank you that you are working in my life cleaning the spots and blemishes that I have put on over the years. I thank you that you call me to be your son and that I get to walk with you. I ask again this day to be cleaned the washed again as things creep into my life I ask that you help me to focus on you and seek your guidance for my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment