Sunday, November 28, 2021

Walking in inconvenience

Reading: 2 Kings 25, 2 Chronicles 36, Ephesians 4, and 1 Thessalonians 5

Scripture: 1 Thessalonians 5:16, Rejoice always

Thoughts: Over the last few weeks, I have been struggling, I interviewed for a position on October 10 offered the position and told that I would hear something withing 3-4 weeks I thought that was a little long but went with it. When reaching the end of the time I had not heard anything I contacted them and was told there was a hiccup and that I should hear from someone by November 29, luckily it didn’t take that long. It had its how hiccups like me being given one date for a phone call and the person calling me another. Finally I got the official offer and a start date of January 10 a full 3 months after my interview. In going though all things I got away from journaling and missing some of my time with God letting myself get distracted with things on social media. Then in reading I came across the shortest verse in the Bible, probably not the one you are thing of, Jesus wept (ἐδάκρυσεν ὁ Ἰησοῦς) may be the shortest in English but in the original language the shortest is a command that we should all want to and strive to keep and have as part of our daily lives. Rejoice always (Πάντοτε χαίρετε) is a short and powerful command that will change our outlook on life dramatically, when we spend our time focusing on the bad and the inconvenient that is going on, Like being told that because of a hiccup that you have a month and a half left at a current position, or if you were someone with out work that you had that much more time without income. What would happen if we found reasons to rejoice even in the middle of disappointment and inconvenience? Even though we may be having struggles and disappointments there are wondrous reasons to rejoice. 

Prayer: Father God, you are so wonderful, you own the cattle on a thousand hills, you created all things and yet you still know the hairs on my head. You know what I need before I do and you set things in motions to take care of all things. You work all things for the good of those who are called according to his purpose. You are with us as we walk through hardships and trials, you are our comfort and shield. I thank you for all that you are doing in me, I thank you that you are molding me and guiding me, that you are refining me and forging me into that witch you call me to be. I ask that you pour your peace and mercy on me as I continue in the place I am ready to leave. Lord I ask that you bless those who are loosing me as a worker and those who are gaining me. May your timing for the move be a blessing to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment