Thursday, November 4, 2021

November 3 Can a man bear a child?

Reading: Jeremiah 30-31 and Romans 7

Scripture: Jeremiah 30:6-7, Ask now, and see, can a man bear a child? Why then do I see every man with his hands on his stomach like a woman in labor? Why has every face turned pale? Alas! That day is so great there is none like it; it is a time of distress for Jacob; yet he shall be saved out of it.

Thoughts: Jeremiah 2500 years ago was writing about things we are dealing with today. When he was writing this and hearing this from God I doubt that he imagined that there would be such controversy over if a Man can be a Woman. Then going on to say that it is a distressful time for Jacob (Israel) but he will overcome. We are seeing crazy changes in what is being pursued and Israel was not a nation for a very long time to only be reestablished in the 1940s and their people we still holding fast to who they are. Are we holding fast to who we are in Christ and declaring the truth in an unbelieving world. 

Prayer: Lord God, you know the plans you have for us, you shine a light on the next step and lead us though the darkness. I thank you for all you are doing in my life, I thank you that even in the times of distress that you have declared victory and that as adopted heirs you have declared the will be saved. I ask for the boldness and strength to share the gospel where you have for me to share it. Lead me and guide me in all that we do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment