Thursday, November 4, 2021

November 4 Setting your mind????

Reading: Jeremiah 32-33 and Romans 8

Scripture: Romans 8:6, For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.

Thoughts: We all have fleshly desires, some are created by God for survival and procreation, others are tools that have been twisted into desires by the evil one. The most common one of these is money, it is a tool for commers, money allows us to convert the works of our hands and mind into other thing we need for survival. When we get to the point where we are seeking money for the sake of having more, or that old phrase “keeping up with the Jones.” Are we living to work or are we working to live? For me there was a time where I think I was living to work, in the fact I was working as many hours as I could to get as much money as I could to get more things, as well as living on credit. Today I am fighting to not work too much but needing to pay my bills and take care of a family I still work more then I would like and I’m tired when I am home. When I started focusing on God and looking at my spiritual life I started to see even in the tight budget and crazy world swirling around me I found all the provision and peace I needed. Our flesh is always going to want more and always change what it wants when we get what we thought we wanted, but the peace of God is always there always filling us we just need to learn to tap into it.

Prayer: Father God, you are the creator of all things, you are the great provider and you pour your peace over us. I thank you for all that you are doing in my life, the molding and refining to grow who you have called me to be, I thank you for the provision that you pour out upon us. Giving us what we need when we need it and even at times the things we want. I thank you that you are always with us pouring your love into your lives that we may pour it out to others. Help me to keep my focus on you and seek your spirit and turn from the fleshly desires that only fulfill for a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment