Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Dig out the entrance

Reading: Ezekiel 6-8, Psalm 117, Romans 14, and Colossians 4

Scripture: Ezekiel 8:8-9, Then he said to me, “Son of man, dig in the wall.” So I dug in the wall, and behold, there was an entrance. And he said to me, “Go in, and see the vile abominations that they are committing here.”

Thoughts: Ezekiel in his vision was taken to the temple, digging to enter into the temple he sees the abominations that is happening there. It happens more frequently than the Church would like to admit but local churches or leaders will sometime get lead astray. We are all human and we will all be tempted and sometimes we will fall to that temptation. Ezekiel was being shown atrocities happening in the Temple, today though the adoptions into God’s family we are made the temple, so not only do we need to continue to be discerning about what is bring taught in our homes, schools, and churches, but we need to continually be checking ourselves and having those people in our lives whom we are able to be open and honest with and will call us out on the trash we are letting into our lives. Hebrews 3:13 says “But exhort one another every day, as long as it is called “today,” that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.” We need to come together not just for service once a week and call it good we are to be doing life together and holding each other accountable and encouraging each other in our walk with the Lord. Let us dig out the entrance into our hearts that we can see the abominations that we are letting reside there so that we can cast them out. 

Prayer: Father God, you are worthy of all praise and honor, your light cast out all darkness. Lord I open my heart to your light to break the chains and cast out all that does not belong in my heart. I thank you for the molding and refining you are working in my life and the growth you are calling me to. I ask that you help me to overcome my desires and seek after you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment