Wednesday, May 17, 2023

The Word written on our hearts.

Reading: Judges 3-4, Psalm 14, and Colossians 3

 

Scripture: Colossians 3:1-3, If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 

 

Thoughts: Last night when I got home from work, there were no children running around and I could tell something was up. I found out what my kids had done and had the thought of yes I will go kill the children.  Over the last wile, my children 6 and 8 have been getting more bold in their lying, and in their attitudes toward my wife and I. Both at times have stated their belief in God and Jesus, talking about baptism, but just last night their anger and attitudes came out larger then we have seen it before. Then this morning’s passage in Colossians jumped out at me. Not because this was the scripture I needed to hear but because without using the exact scripture this is what I told my children who had been sent to bed early. I am thankful that even though I don’t have large portions of scripture memorized, Holy Spirit brings to mind the scripture that we need. Open your heart, mind and ears to hear what Holy Spirit is telling you. Be it in scriptures brought to mind or how much love God has from you. God is speaking to us let us set are minds on the things above that we can focus and hear what God has for us.

 

Prayer: Father God, I thank you for sending Holy Spirit to dwell with us that we can know your heart and your mind better. I thank you that you have given us the written word and the authority to speak it into this world. You lead and guide us. I thank you for your provisions and the blessings that you pour out on us that we are called to steward. I thank you that in that stewardship you are molding and refining me. Help me to keep the open heart mind and ear to hear you and seek you every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment