Tuesday, May 9, 2023

More Words

Reading: Joshua 10-11 and Ephesians 5

 

Scripture: Ephesians 5:4,Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving.

 

Thoughts: Working in manufacturing most of my adult career I have fallen into the filthy talk and bad humor that comes with the working with lots of guys. Some environment are more apt to dive deeper into those things then others but it is common for places where men congregate. Locker rooms, sport teams and heavy manufacturing have been some of the worst due to the type of men typically draw to or forced into that work. We are called to a higher place and to bridle our tongue. In my time chasing the world instead of seeking God I found that I let much of the foul language that has come so common in this world into my daily language. What is sneaking into your vocabulary?

 

Prayer: Lord God, you are the creator of all, you lead and guide. I thank you that you are working in my life. I thank you that you are molding and refining me. I ask that you continue to remove these foul and foolish words from me and fill me with your joy and peace so that is what pours out of me and not the things of this world. Be with me and help me to overcome the temptations of this world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment