Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Need vs Want

Reading: Deuteronomy 29-39, Psalm 15, and Galatians 4

 

Scripture: Deuteronomy 29:5, I have led you forty years in the wilderness. Your clothes have not worn out on you, and your sandals have not worn off your feet.

 

Thoughts: It is common for me to want the newest thing, the latest and greatest vehicle or computer. Yet God will give us what we need. Israel when wondering in the desert had the food they needed in the mana and their clothes and sandals didn’t wear out. No I have not seen that much provision in my life but I have a large SUV for towing and hauling that is over 20 years old and has about 235 thousand miles on it. Sure it has its issues but so many people keep trying to tell me to get rid of it because it is getting ready to have a catastrophic failure that will cost me more then the vehicle is worth. But this things keeps going God is faithful to provide what we need. We may be walking into a new desert where we are going to need to be more reliant on God just as Israel had to fully rely on God during the 40 years in the wilderness we need to be willing to walk in what ever provision God has for us, be it financial or the longevity of things he given us. Listen to the voice of God there may be a blessing in something you didn’t expect. 

 

Prayer: Father God, you are the great provider, you supply our needs through so many different ways. I thank you for those things that you have allowed me to steward and the I ask that you give me the wisdom to steward things well and seek you in that stewarding. I thank you that you are working in me, molding and refining me. Melt this cold heart of stone and replace it with one that seeks you first all the days of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment