Saturday, May 13, 2023

Better together

Reading: Joshua 21-22 and Philippians 4

 

Scripture: Philippians 4:2, I entreat Euodia and I entreat Syntyche to agree in the Lord.

 

Thoughts: In my men’s group last night, the idea if unity in the church was brought up. In many past war and conflicts the armies we unified in that every man know what to do and who to follow. Their centurion or leaders were noted by the plums on their head. In western society we are so focused on the individuality we don’t remember or seek the unity that God calls us to. That unity is not just everything and everyone being the same like to Borg of Star Trek, “you will be assimilated, We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile” We are not assimilated into God’s collective, but we are all given a portion of the plan. We are unified in our relationship with God through Christ.

 

Prayer: Father God you are the uniter of all things. You bring us together to in purpose and love to share the good news of that you offer through your Son. I thank you for all that you are doing in me and in my life. I ask that you help me to walk in your plan and seek after every day. I ask that yo continue to refine and mold me into the man and father you are calling me to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment