Monday, May 8, 2023

Every Word

Reading: Joshua 8-9 and Ephesians 4

 

Scripture: Joshua 8:35, There was not a word of all that Moses commanded that Joshua did not read before all the assembly of Israel, and the women, and the little ones, and the sojourners who lived among them.

 

Thoughts: When reading this passage, I thought about my home. Every day I have my quiet time, I read the word I try to journal and I’m getting the word of God into my heart and mind every day but what am I doing to get the Word of God into the hearts and minds of my children. Sure, we go to church every week we talk about God and try to keep him as the center of our lives but is that helping out kids have God’s Word written on their heart. We can let the Bible show and Sunday school teach them the word but how much more are we to do to steward the precious gift that our children are?

 

Prayer:  Father God, creator of all things, ruler of the universe, your grace abounds and your love pours over me and and drenches me. I thank you that you love me enough that you sent your Son to die on the cross that I can be with you. I thank you for the opportunity to come before you and lead this family. I ask that you help me to see the opportunity and to pour your love and your word into the hearts of my children. Be with my children and continue to draw them to you as they grow and develop a faith that is their own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment