Tuesday, May 16, 2023

The Shelf of Shame

Reading: Judges 1-2, Psalm 133, and Colossians 2

 

Scripture: Judges 2:2, and you shall make no covenant with the inhabitants of this land; you shall break down their altars.’ But you have not obeyed my voice. What is this you have done?

 

Thoughts: I have heard it called the shelf of shame or the one-day games. When you are a gamer, you have all those games that you have bought over the years that have have had every intention of playing but have never gotten around to it. Does not matter if it is video games or board games, I’m sure we have all done this. If you are not a gamer, then I’m sure there are projects or books or something that remains undone or unfinished somewhere in your life. We all have a tendency to get distracted and forget about things or just plain decide we don’t want to do it. The nation of Israel was told to drive out all the inhabitants of the land. For a myriad of reasons, they let some of the inhabitants stay. Besides the games and projects that we have not checked off our to do lists, what has God called you to that you have not finished? Has the covenant that you made with God to do this thing been broken by you and now you are in the stage of can this be salvaged or is it gone? Israel was broken and restored many times because they were allowing those things that God told them to drive out, to remain. What do you need to check off on your check list?

 

Prayer: Father God, I thank you for all that you have done, I thank you that you are offering forgiveness. I thank you that you are molding and refining me every day. I thank you that you give me the opportunity to come before your throne and hear your voice. I ask that you help me to remember the projects that I have set aside. Help me to continue with those things you have called me to. Lord open my heart and mind to your movement in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment