Friday, May 5, 2023

Playing Follow the Leader.

Reading: Joshua 1-3 and Ephesians 1

 

Scripture: Joshua 3:4, Yet there shall be a distance between you and it, about 2,000 cubits in length. Do not come near it, in order that you may know the way you shall go, for you have not passed this way before.

 

Thoughts: With a cubit being about 18 inches that put about 3000 feet between the ark of the covenant the it that was referred to in the above passage. God had told Joshua to have all of Israel to stay back about a half mile from the ark so that the would know the way to go. In a practical sense having this much space and leeway would give those caring the ark to adjust corse if needed as they marched out and give Israel the ability to see the route. I think given the opportunity just like I know I do on my own I try to get ahead of God. He has given me a path and he has given me a light on that path but I don’t always take that lamp with me or even though I have it I wander from the path. Are we giving God the leeway to lead us or are we pushing so hard to get what we think he wants for us that we are not waiting for his timeline. 

 

Prayer: Father God you are the light to my path, you lead and guide me. You are the creator of all things the provider of all things. I thank you that you are refining me and molding me into that man you have called me to be. I ask that you help me to follow you and let you lead. Open my eyes to see, my ears to hear and my mind to perceive. Lead me and guide me in your will today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment