Wednesday, February 7, 2018

February 7, 2018 I don't remember????

Reading: Acts 14 and Genesis 32-33

Scripture: Genesis 33:17, But Jacob journeyed to Succoth, and built himself a house and made booths for his livestock. Therefore the name of the place is called Succoth.

Thoughts: After all the issues with his Father-in-law and worrying about how his brother whom he stole his birthright and his blessings from. Jacob found his brother accepting and wanting to bring him back into the family. So he goes to another place to build his house. This make me think Jacob is still afraid that his brother is going to just snap and come get him because of what he did to him. I know there have been time where the evil one has brought back to my mind something to condemn me or try to get me to fall back into that stronghold. I have to remember that God has called me and in my acceptance of that Gift of God though the Death and Resurrection of His Son Jesus Christ, All my past and future sins and mistakes have been washed away. I the book The Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning, he tells a story about a woman who is having visions of Jesus and a Preset said to ask him the next time she saw him what he confessed in his last confession. When she contacted him she told him Jesus’ reply of “I don’t remember.” We so often remember things we did or thought and ether think that is too big to be forgiven or if I remember then God must. We must listen to those simple words “I don’t remember” 


Prayer: Father I thank you for wiping the slate clean and washing me whiter then snow. I thank you for the people you place in my lives and the family that you allow me to steward. I thank you for the daily provisions and the blessings you have in store for me each day. I place my family in your hands and ask for the help to release the hold these memories have and know that you don’t remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment