Tuesday, February 20, 2018

February 12, 2018 I said what???


Reading: Acts 19 and Genesis 41

Scripture: Genesis 41:9, Then the chief cupbearer said to Pharaoh, "I remember my offenses today.

Thoughts: I don’t know how many times I have forgotten that I said that I would do something and remember at a later time. I feel that when it comes to things we promise God we are tempted into getting ourselves so busy and distracted that we don’t think about God or the promises we make. I know that we have all had those times where we have told God if you get me out of this I will read my Bible every day or I will be in church every week. Also the enemy is doing everything he can in this culture and this day to diminish what it means to promise. The “Yah yah I promise” culture is so prevalent these days I know I have even done that sort of thing. Help us to mean what we say and truly say what we mean.

Prayer: Father I thank you for your opportunities to read and marinate in your word. I thank you for your Son and the sacrifice he made. I thank you for the opportunities to touch those around me. I thank you for the provisions and the blessing you have for us each day. I ask that you help me to remember my promises and to fulfill this in proper time.


No comments:

Post a Comment