Tuesday, February 27, 2018

February 27, 2018 Gimmy gimmy gimmy


Reading: Romans 6, Exodus 20, and Psalm 119:1-48

Scripture: Exodus 20:17, "You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his male servant, or his female servant, or his ox, or his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor's."

Thoughts: There have been many times where I though I’m a good person I keep the Ten Commandments, as I continue to do things that don’t honor God. Coveting your neighbor’s things I feel is one of the easiest things to fall into. Murder, adultery, theft those take a little more actions to do but to covet someone’s things, that is all in our head. I a liken it where Jesus said Hating is like murder in your heart or lusting is adultery in the heart. Being covetous is like stealing in our heart and this is so prominent in our society today even within the church. We see someone’s new car, house, or whatever and we go “I want I want I want” like my three year old is fond of doing. It is one thing to be motivated to better ones self or save to get something you would like but we have to be careful that we don’t start becoming to focused on those things because that may become a god to us. 

Prayer: Father you are so wonderful, you provide my needs and take care of all things. I thank you for your daily provisions and the blessings each day I don’t deserve. I thank you that you have entrusted me with my family. I ask that you help me to focus on the blessings and those things you have given me and not the things that others have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment