Tuesday, February 6, 2018

February 6, 2018 You are paying me What?????

Reading: Acts 13 and Genesis 31

Scripture: Genesis 31:7, yet your father has cheated me and changed my wages ten times. But God did not permit him to harm me.

Thoughts: When I first heard this passage this morning I saw this for a family member who is struggling with some job loss and other things going on in their life, I turned to my wife and told her this was for them. As we continued reading my mind kept retuning to this and that this was not just for them but for me as well. Jacob worked for 20 years and his boss/father-in-law trying to get his monies worth out of him had cheated and changed things many times. Over the last 20 years I can many jobs and many wage changes ether some by choice some not. Now that I am older I look at people who have been in the same job doing the same thing for the same company for 20-30 years. God has taken care of me so well and placed me in places I needed to be. My wages may have been changed many times but God has been working me toward a place where I can do what he has called me to not what I want to do. 


Prayer: Father, you are so wonderful. I thank you for pouring into me the skills and abilities to do what is needed. I thank you for my family and place them in your hands. I thank you for the provisions and blessings you have for us this day. I ask that you open my eyes to the next step, I know that I have a tendency to look at my abilities and not your steps, help me to focus on the light you cast as the lamp to my feet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment