Friday, February 2, 2018

February 2, 2018 You want me to talk to WHO?!?!?!?!?

Reading: Acts 9 and Genesis 24

Scripture: Acts 9:15, But the Lord said to him, "Go, for he is a chosen instrument of mine to carry my name before the Gentiles and kings and the children of Israel.

Thoughts: This last few days and weeks the Lord has been showing me that I am still struggling with my allowing myself to be used in all situations and seeking him always. Today is no different, in the account of Paul’s encounter with God, I see myself as Ananias a little where God tells him to go and heal Saul, and he is scared. Not just scared of going but also scared for his life knowing his reputation and someone who persecutes and kills followers. This last week our Missions Pastor got up and talked about the latest trip to Haiti and during one of  Women’s conferences the driver they hired for the time they were there came to Christ then at another he got up and shared his story and what God has been doing for him. Our Missions Paster felt that this man may be one of our next pastors to be trained up. 

When God tells us to go there is not just to have us get out of our comfort zone and spread His word but we also may be reaching out to the next great evangelist or preacher who needs to be loved into the kingdom first.

Prayer: Father I thank you for everything you do and thank you for allowing me in your presence. I thank you for the provisions and blessings you have for this day and place my family in your loving hands. I ask that you help me quiet the world around me and hear your voice more to take advantage of the opportunities you place before me.


No comments:

Post a Comment