Thursday, November 30, 2017

November 29, 2017 They are just keeping me down!?!?!?!?

Reading: 1 Timothy 1 and Daniel 3-4

Scripture: 1 Timothy 1:8-9a, Now we know that the law is good, if one uses it lawfully, understanding this, that the law is not laid down for the just but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and sinners

Observation: When reading this it struck me on how often I have heard that, “The Law” is holding me back or holding me down. I hear about people wanting to rise up against the establishment because they don’t agree with The Law. Here it is saying that the law is not for the just. The Law (The 10 Commandments) were given to be a mirror to us so we could see the need for God and redemption. Most modern Laws that I know about (not being a lawyer) are based on The 10 Commandments (excluding the one about God being first in your life). The law is not there to show good we are but as a measure of how much grace we have been shown and how we can not measure up. Jesus summed up all the laws into two “Love God and Love your neighbors as your self” I know how hard it is to love someone who does you wrong, but that is what we are called to. 


Prayer: Father I thank you for all you have done and the opportunities you place before me each day. I thank you for your blessings and provision. I ask that you kelp me to learn to love as you love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment