Monday, November 27, 2017

November 27, 2017 The struggle is real

Reading: Philippians 3, Lamentations 4-5 and Obadiah 1

Scripture: Philippians 3:7, But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. 

This passage is one almost every Christian has heard and possibly quoted at some point. Even being a Christian most of my life and hearing this passage taught from time to time I admit that I both didn’t listen to it or didn’t understand what was being taught. Over the years during the time I walked away from God acknowledging him with my words and not my actions (something I still struggle with) I also saw that all the advantages and benefits in my career were because I was doing them myself and didn’t acknowledge God’s involvement in my life. Paul was a self made man in the eyes of the Pharisees he did everything right and was on the holy war against “The Way” and after God got ahold of him on the road to Damascus Paul learned that his past was nothing and got to see the benefits to living for Christ. Since God got back ahold of me and I stopped looking at what I have done and where I have gotten me and my family he has blessed me with more then I ever thought I would have and I am still working on giving it all back to him. 

Prayer: Father I thank you for getting my attention again and using the 2x4 to help me to struggle with my words and actions to aline in your love. I thank you for your love that you give that I can pour out. I thank you for your provisions and blessings each day I thank you for my family and again I place them in your hands. Help me to listen to the Holy Spirit and open myself to your leadings to touch those around me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment