Monday, November 20, 2017

November 20, 2017 May I reflect better

Reading: Ephesians 2, Ezekiel 29-30 and Psalm 147

Scripture: Psalm 147:3, He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. 
Ephesians 2:4-5, But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved

Observation: This weekend at service one of the points my Pastor made was be encouraged by knowing who is in your corner, using the Scripture Romans 8:31. In conjunction with the Passages that I read today, Not only is he on our side fighting for us, but also he is out doctor. God wants to heal us, when you workout the reason they tell you to rotate through working different parts of the body is because when you work hard you are tearing down your muscles and they need a couple days to heal and become stronger. 

God dose not cause bad things to happen or someone to sin or be tempted, but he will use those things to strengthen your faith. I know that in my past I have blamed God for thing, and I have at times given the enemy too much credit that he did it. Life because of the fallen nature of the world will have hurts and trials trying to tear us down. We know the ending Christ has already defeated the enemy, God is on our side taking the hits when we can’t and healing us and using those pains in our life to strengthen us. Each trial and pain we have in our life can ether break or dull the mirror we use to reflect Gods love or polish it a little brighter.


Prayer: Father I am amazed how you use these trials and pains to draw us closer to you. I thank you for all the work you have done in my life and the gifts, blessings and provisions you pour out on us each day. I ask that you help me to be polished and strengthened by these trials and not just shatter under presser. 

No comments:

Post a Comment