Wednesday, November 22, 2017

November 22, 2017 Equipping of who??

Reading: Ephesians 4, 2 Kings 25 and 2 Chronicles 36

Scripture: Ephesians 4:11-12, And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ,

The passage goes well with yesterday in that being stewards of grace and the Gospel we are not to be the Pew jockeys that so many churches have, we are to be disciples of Christ. When one becomes a disciple of something they leave their old life behind and go fully into whatever it is spending all their time and energy on it. We are called to be disciples. In this passage the saints mentioned are just those who believe and have accepted Christ so that is us. There are those of us who are called to teach, preach and shepherd but the church (individual congregations and weekly services) are not what we are to do to get through the week or just where we are to serve to be able to say we are serving God. Services are meant to be a time to worship and be equipped for ministry. 

In yesterdays reading and what I talked about was being the steward of Grace, That is our ministry being that ministry may take many different forms due to needs both within and outside the Church (body of Believers). I don’t want to be a pew warmer where all I do is attend church and maybe help out during services in some capacity, as we get equipped and grow in our walk we also need to open ourselves to hearing the Holy Spirit because he will show you opportunities to build up the body or plant a seed.

Prayer: Father I thank you for everything, without you there is nothing. I thank you for my family and friends who gather around me. I thank you for your daily blessings and provisions. I long to hear your voice more. I ask you help me to step out of my comfort zone and act upon the urgings of the Holy Spirit in my life, help me to plant the seed in my own life that it may become a tree that will produce many seeds. 


No comments:

Post a Comment