Tuesday, November 7, 2017

November 7, 2017 This is hard Work

Reading: Romans 11 and Jeremiah 51

Scripture: Romans 11:6, But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace.

Observation: The verse jumped out at me quickly this morning. There are times where is takes some time of contemplation and going over the reading a time or two to find what I feel God has for me. So often we feel or thing we have to do all these DOs and not to do all these Don’ts and I know I get bogged down in am I good enough or have I at least stayed away from things I shouldn’t do. There are even churches out there where they don’t teach grace but talk about the things you must do and avoid to get to Heaven. 

Application: This passage is a great reminder to me that I have a calling just like all believers do to be apart of spreading the Gospel, but it also is a reminder that God already has done the work needed to bring us back into a right relationship with him though the sacrifice. But just as Paul has said, we don’t sin more so that there can be more grace but those who have great sin there is great grace. 


Prayer: Father you amaze me in that you can use such a broken vessel to do anything to further your kingdom. I thank you for Lord for my family, both those of blood and those in the church. I thank you for all you have done for us and the provisions and blessings you give us each day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment