Tuesday, November 21, 2017

November 21, 2017 Make me a Colander!!!

Reaching: Ephesians 3, Ezekiel 31-32 and Psalm 45

Scripture: Ephesians 3:1-2, 1For this reason I, Paul, a prisoner of Christ Jesus on behalf of you Gentiles— assuming that you have heard of the stewardship of God's grace that was given to me for you, 

For a long time and in many of the churches I have attended, other then talking about the great commission, we never really heard that those of us there had any other responsibility other then coming to services and serving in the church somehow. Paul here was reminding us that WE are the stewards of Gods grace, Matthew 18:18 tells us we have the authority to bind and loose. We have not been called to just be pew warmers and servants in the house. As stewards we are charged with the responsibility to properly distributing that grace. I know I am guilty of holding tight to that grace and not wanting to let it go, just like the love of God the more we pour out on those around us and share with the world the more he pours into us. Pastor Glen Eastman said it this way at a marriage conference a couple weeks ago, “What ever your cup is full of when it gets spilled will be what others see.” We need to keep our cups full of Love and Grace, and not let our cups get filled with the anger and venom that the world encourages us to hold onto. 

Prayer: Father I stand in awe of how you are able to touch other through the anger and venom in my life. I thank you for my family and place them in your hands. I thank you for the blessings and provisions you pour out on us even though we don’t deserve it. I ask that you help me to not place the anger and venom into my cup and to only put your love and grace there to pour out on others. Help me to be a mirror and a colander that your love and grace and just flow through me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment