Tuesday, November 28, 2017

November 28, 2017 This little light of mine

Reading: Philippians 4, Daniel 1-2 and Psalm 137

Scripture: Philippians 4:22, All the saints greet you, especially those of Caesar's household.

Observation: As we read though Daniel today and were looking at his life being drug to Babylon and trained, Daniel remained a light for God. He asked to not be fed the kings food and when the king had a dream and God gave him the interpretation he pointed strait to the one who showed him the dream and the interpretation. Like Daniel, Paul remained a light when he was under house arrest in Rome at Caesar’s palace. Paul not only was given freedoms to preach and teach from a house he was places in as he awaited his trial with Caesar, it is said that many in the house of Caesar came to know God and embrace the Christ and his church though Paul. These members of Caesars house were such a part of Pauls life and ministry there when writing this letter to the church at Philippi he basically said “hey all my homies as hi too.” Weather we are in captivity, at our jobs, in our homes or on the street like Paul says, “Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content.” Philippians 4:11 

Prayer: Father I thank you for all you have done in my life, the ups the downs you have been by my side even though I may not have wanted to acknowledge you. I thank you for my family and place them in your hands and seek your guidance in the next steps of my life. I thank you for the provisions and blessings you pour out on us each day and the strength to cary on. I ask that you remind us and help us to be the light you have created us to be to reach those around us.


No comments:

Post a Comment