Monday, November 6, 2017

November 6, 2017 I ain't no preacher!!!!

Reading: Romans 10 and Jeremiah 39, 50

Scripture: Romans 10:14-15 And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!" 

Observation: Back when I first graduated High School and went to one year of Bible college I distinctly remember telling someone I was going to school with that I would never be a preacher. I told them my nerves would not let me do it. Now many years later after study and some Godly leadership I found that biblical preaching is not getting on stage and speaking to a large group of people but it is sharing the Gospel with those who have not heard and we are all called to do so. 

Application: So often we think that it’s not our job to “make the pitch” to these people who don’t know God, that Job belongs to the pastor. We may not have all the answers but we have the truth and the knowledge of what God has done in our lives. All we have to do is share that and offer to them the opportunity to become a christ follower. The pastor his job is to teach and equip us for the work of the Lord. The church is not the building or the gathering of people but it is the entire family of God who have come to the Father through the Son and his sacrifice on the cross. 


Prayer: Father I am amazed that you can use even me even though I know I fall on my face and don’t do things quite right. I thank you for each day you have given me and each day I have with my family. I thank you for you provisions and the blessings. I ask that you help me to open my heart to your leading and urgings so I can further your kingdom.  

No comments:

Post a Comment