Friday, December 22, 2017

December 4, 2017 For The Love Of Money

Reading: 1 Timothy 6 and Ezekiel 41-42

Scripture: 1 Timothy 6:10a, For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils.

Observation: It is odd sometimes this passage popped out at me today because of so many times I have heard this as this is why money is bad and this gets teamed up with Matthew 19:24 about it being easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle. I have heard these used to say you should live in poverty. Depending on where people live in the world and what their economic standing is I can be seen as rich being I have a house on property with cars and a annual income but others will look down on me because this house is small and the cars are almost 20 years old and my income is less then some number they feel is the line of being poor. 

Application: These comparisons are some of the roots of evil that are being talked about. It is not that money is good or bad just like a baseball bat is not good or bad but it can be used for both kinds of purposes. We are stewards of what ever God places on our plate. God has placed the cars and this house in our care for us to use them best for the kingdom and he has given us this income to yes cover our needs but also take care of others needs. We tithe and give offerings to our church and through what our church does with our gifts we are reaching around the world and touching lives both locally and globally. As you start letting your stranglehold on your finances and placing them in Gods hands you will start seeing God move financial mountains you thought you would be berried under for ever.


Prayer: Father I am in awe of how you can move mountains. I thank you for your provisions and blessings you pour out on us each and every day. I ask you to help us to loosen our grip on our money and place it in your hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment