Wednesday, September 6, 2017

September 6th, 2017 Where did this come from?

Reading: Mark 14 and Hosea 12-13

Scripture: Mark 14:8, She has done what she could; she has anointed my body beforehand for burial.

Observation: This passage stood out to me today because I have times where I don’t feel like what I’m doing is enough. I know that God is pleased with what I do but due to the way the world looks at things and my history with self worth I have those times and thoughts of what I’m giving is trash.  

Application: The Lord reminds me that like the passage says I have done what I can. Just like the widow who only can put in her last two pennies, I can give with a grateful heart and with the right mindset. This is not only for the financial giving that we do, but also the giving of our time and other resources we have available. I have to remember that it is all God’s, my time, my money, my house, my cars and so on. Nothing belongs to me I am only a steward of them and need to remember to treat them as Christ would, to spread the love of God.


Prayer: Father your love is so amazing and so wonderful you take care of every need we have. I thank you for your provisions and your blessing that are poured out on us even though we don’t deserve it. I ask you to help us to remember that it is all yours and nothing we have is an accident. 

No comments:

Post a Comment