Sunday, September 17, 2017

September 15, 2017 You did what?!?!?

Reading: John 7, Isaiah 20-21 and psalm 32

Scripture: John 7:24, “Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment."” 

Observation: How often do we all make assumptions or judge a situation or someone before we have all the facts. I know I do that so much more then I would like to admit. For me I think the assumptions are my biggest downfall and biggest contributor to miscommunication. This morning out camping as I was doing my reading my wife tells me the others are up and I can go make breakfast was something we had talked about her making part of beforehand it didn't happen so that was needing to be done so I had thought she was making breakfast and in turn  she thought I was going to make it.

Application: Jesus was talking about this not judging people on what is done but on motives and truth. We need to focus on God's truth and love and do those things so that when someone tries to judge us only he is seen and we need to look at others with God's love 


Prayer: Father I am in awe of how you are able to love us even though I so often turn from you and think I can do it on my own. I thank you for my family and place them in your hands. I thank you for the provisions you give us each day and the blessings you pour out on us. I ask that you open our eyes to the how you see others and help us to love as you love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment