Tuesday, September 12, 2017

September 12, 2017 A Long, Long Time Ago

Reading: John 4 and Isaiah 13-14

Scripture: John 4:39, Many Samaritans from that town believed in him because of the woman's testimony, "He told me all that I ever did." 

Observation: I have so long been afraid of the word evangelist, I have never felt like I was a good speaker, and I still get shaky when I get up to talk to people in a group. Part of the reason I feared the word evangelist was because I was afraid God would tell me I was the next Billy Graham and I would have to get up before hundreds or thousands of people and speak to them. I now know that the Woman at the Well was an evangelist.

Application: Evangelists are not just these guys who get up at these giant venues and get televised around the world. Evangelists are every day people loving and sharing their story with others, This is where I was before God got a hold on me and here is where I am now and that he is doing in my life. In this day and age it seems like everyone wants to be the center of attention and talk about themselves in turn it should be simple to tell your story about what God has done for you. 

Prayer: Father you are so wonderful and in your infinite power and wisdom you can use even me to spread your word if I get out of your way. I thank you for the opportunities you place before me each day and ask that you help me to recognize them when they present themselves. I thank you for the provision you give us each day and the blessings I know we don’t deserve. 


No comments:

Post a Comment