Tuesday, September 26, 2017

September 25, 2017 I don't have time for that...

Reading: John 17 and 2 Chronicles 30-31

Scripture: 2 Chronicles 30:5, So they decreed to make a proclamation throughout all Israel, from Beersheba to Dan, that the people should come and keep the Passover to theLord, the God of Israel, at Jerusalem, for they had not kept it as often as prescribed. 

Observation: As I was going over this the last portion of this passage is what struck me and stood out, For the had not kept it as often as prescribed. In that time the Mosaic law gave them lists of festival and feasts to observe. God wants a relationship with us and wants to be apart of our lives, we are now not held to the law of needing to observe all these things. Although we don’t have these laws dictating us we (or at least I) have a tendency to not spend time with God outside church.

This discipleship class that I am taking and trying to be consistent about my reading and journaling here help me to be more consistent and deliberate about being in the word and having other around me who are consistent is helpful in that we have things to talk about in the word and not just superficial things. 


Prayer: Father I thank you for your word and the revelations that come from Holy Spirit. I thank you for the provisions and blessings you pour out on us each day and the gift of my family. I ask that the rest we get is more restful and refreshing and that our time is extended  to get all the things on out plate done and to have time with you Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment