Monday, September 11, 2017

September 11, 2017 Who's Angry?!?!?

Reading: John 3, Isaiah 10-12

Scripture: Isaiah 12:1 & 6,  You will say in that day: "I will give thanks to you, O Lord, for though you were angry with me, your anger turned away, that you might comfort me.Shout, and sing for joy, O inhabitant of Zion, for great in your midst is the Holy One of Israel."

Observation: Getting back into the discipleship program that I have been going though and having this passage come up today is a God appointment. I have been struggling with getting up and spending time with God. Both in prayer and in being in his word. Having an accountability partner has already helped me to be get beck into my routine. In class last night we were talking about praising God all the time and these verses jumped out at me after I had my morning walk and prayer.  

Application: I didn’t realize how much I don’t talk to God and praise and worship him until you have encouragement and accountability to take time out of your day to do just that. I realized that even though God does not have anger turned toward me I many times still see it that way. I have to remember that once I came to him he turned his anger from me and he will comfort me and that give me the reason to shout and sing for joy, because that Joy is his and he pour it out on us. 


Prayer:  Father you are so wonderful I stand in awe of the power and grace you have. I thank you for sending your son and turning your anger from us. I thank you for my family and the opportunity I have to speak your love into their lives. I place them in your hands they are yours. I thank you for the provisions that you give us each day and the blessings you choose to give us even though we screw up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment