Wednesday, September 13, 2017

September 13, 2017 Is there anybody there??

Reading: John 5 and Isiah 15-17

Scripture: John 5:6, When Jesus saw him lying there and knew that he had already been there a long time, he said to him, "Do you want to be healed?"

Observation: I know that God is reaching out to me all the time, maybe he is asking if I want to be healed or maybe he is trying to give me a better plan then the one I have for myself. No matter what he is saying to me I know that most of the time I am not listening. I am trying to go so fast through so many things that I’m not hearing God. 

Application: If this man who had been an invalid for nearly forty years had blown off Jesus going “shhhh I’m watching for the pool to stirred up” he would have never been healed. Just as if he had not listened if we don’t listen to God wont do a work in us. But how often do we seek something other then God or allow the distractions of the world to take our attention from the Lord. 


Prayer: Father I am in awe of the patience you have for us and we allow the world to distract and influence us. You are so wonderful and I thank you for this new day. I also want to thank you for the provisions you pour out each day and the blessings you decide to give us any ways. Lord I ask that you help us to close off the distractions and to open our ears to hear and our eyes to see so we can better walk in your path. 

No comments:

Post a Comment