Sunday, April 9, 2017

April 7th, 2017 The cattle on a thousand hills

Reading: 1 Corinthians 8,  Numbers 17-18 and Psalm 73

Scripture: Psalm 73:2-3,  But as for me, my feet had almost stumbled, my steps had nearly slipped. For I was envious of the arrogant when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.

Observation: There are so many times where I feel I'm alone in a situation and the only one who struggles with an issue like wondering why these wicked people are the one appertaining to be prospering and I'm not. I have been looking at my finances over the last few weeks and months and have been seeing that I didn't know how we would pay our bills and looking at the struggle that is before us. In that I have been thinking about how unbelievers and the wicked are not having issues and have lots of money and we are living pay check to pay check. This morning I saw where a Psalmist had the same issue and I was reminded of all that God has done for me and all that he promised. He owns the cattle on a thousand hills. I don't need to worry he will provide.

Application: The thing I need to remember most is that no matter what other peoples lives look like or how much they make, God is the only one that can judge them and knows their relationship with God. God will provide all that we need, Matthew 6:26, Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 


Prayer: Father I Love you so much. I thank you so much that you take care of me so well. You provide for our every need and continue to bless us. I ask you to help me to be content in your provisions and the place you have us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment